Monday, July 14, 2008

Greetings From The Wellness Palace!

I am excited to announce the grand opening of Queen Margot's Palace of Wellness!

In this blog I will share with you useful and easy-to-implement tips for making your life healthier, happier and more prosperous.

Let me begin by introducing myself. I am a Los Angeles native, having lived here most of my life aside from a couple of short stints in Santa Barbara and Frankfurt Germany. During my time at the University of California Santa Barbara, I became interested in exercise and eating healthier. Maybe it was the beautiful landscape there that inspired me to change from my previous ways of living (sporadic exercise at best and a lifelong love affair with macaroni and cheese.) I took up jogging from my apartment through the eucalyptus groves to the cliffs where I would watch the sky ablaze with color as the sun set over the ocean and dolphins jumped in seeming celebration of life. I admit, I still hung on to many of my unhealthy habits in the months and years to come. (For example, my relaxation routine after I'd return from said jog included what I deemed a well-deserved cigarette.) In any case, one must take small steps towards a goal, and that I did.

Over the following years, I slowly adopted more and more of a healthy lifestyle until one day in 2006 I decided to begin a formal education in Holistic Nutrition. I had been doing so much research and reading on my own that I realized I ought to be getting credit for it. I enrolled in Clayton College of Natural Health out of Alabama who offers a distance learning program. I am now nearing the end of the Master's Degree program and will follow it with the PhD in the same subject. The courses have given me so much in-depth information that I can't just keep it all to myself. I love sharing what I know with anyone who wants to listen. But that's where I was having some trouble- not everyone is ready for this information.

I discovered that people get very irritated when you give them unsolicited advice. I didn't understand this at first, that living healthily was not at the top of everyone else's agenda. I thought, "Who wouldn't wanna know all this great stuff I just learned- it can improve your life in so many ways!?" But now I get it. Let the students come to the teacher when they're ready. Lead by example. And so that's what I'm doing here, where people who are ready will be guided to my blog.

I'm happy you are one of those people and I can't wait to share all my health and wellness tidbits with you! Congratulations on coming to a place in your life where your wellbeing is on the top of your list. By learning to live in a way that honors your body, respects your environment and expands your mind, you are helping to bring our planet to a level of higher consciousness. Our world will surely move towards a state of peace when enough people find this peace and wellness within themselves.

Blessed Be,
Queen Margot

1 comment:

Jen McClung said...

What a great blog idea, Margot. Looking forward to seeing what else you post...